‘The Pioneer Woman’: Ree Drummond Has Accident in Kitchen as S’Mores Toast Set on Fire and Fans Think She’s Relatable

Ree Drummond is the star of The Pioneer Woman and is one of the most beloved Food Network personalities. The celebrity chef has built an empire that started off with a blog amassing great success. Drummond recently launched a clothing line adding to her diverse portfolio of greatness. However, it’s her cooking show that is dear to fans and she recently shared a little accident she had in the kitchen while making s’mores toast. Drummond accidentally set them on fire and fans couldn’t hold back their jokes.

Ree Drummond smiling
Ree Drummond, star of ‘The Pioneer Woman’ | Tyler Essary/NBC/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images

How did Ree Drummond set the s’mores toasts on fire?

Drummond has an awesome connection with her fans on social media and constantly updates on the latest happenings at the ranch. The Pioneer Woman host often teases upcoming shows with sneak peeks at episodes ahead on the Food Network. In a clip that Drummond shared on Instagram, the celebrity cook showcased that she also makes mistakes like the rest of us. As she was preparing a s’mores toast recipe, she accidentally burned them and fired them up.

“The funniest thing about it isn’t that I caught a pan of s’mores toast on fire. Or that I named the episode ‘Let’s Get Toasted.’ (True story, look in your TV guide.),” she posted. “It’s that after I put the fire out, I said (of the broiler) ‘I had no idea it was so hot’” It’s like saying I had no idea the swimming pool was so wet.”

Ree Drummond smiling
Ree Drummond | Monica Schipper/Getty Images

RELATED: ‘The Pioneer Woman’: Ree Drummond Gets Support From Fans for Making Film Debut

Food Network did not edit out mistakes

Drummond also noted that the cable network is keeping in the funnier bits on her show that displays a more fun side to the star.

“Also, kudos to Food Network for keeping this stuff in my shows now and not editing it out. I think they realized along the way that if they edited it all out, there wouldn’t be enough footage for a full 30-minute show because well…this happens more than you’d think,” she added.

RELATED: ‘The Pioneer Woman’: Ree Drummond Shares Photo of Paige and Fred Cuddling and Fans Can’t Get Enough

Fans react to Ree Drummond’s fire scare

The fire are in Drummond’s kitchen made for a genuine moment for television on The Pioneer Woman. When even expert cooks like Drummond can make mistakes just like the viewing public at home — it adds an extra layer of authenticity that fans enjoy. The funny moment made fans laugh and the comments were full of jokes in support of Drummond.

“Love seeing this because it happens to all of us and if it wasn’t for these moments cooking wouldn’t be as fun!” a fan said.

“That’s why we love this woman!! She’s REAL and not afraid to show it!!” a follower added.

“Your humor only adds more to story, love it, hahaha,” an Instagram user noted.

“It’s happened to all of us at one time or another… broiling isn’t my my friend,” another fan posted.

“Once again your ‘everyday girl in the kitchen’ is the brightest spot on Food Network. So refreshing and endearing,” another follower replied.

“Love the real of your show . I would have been screaming and you were just cool,” another Instagram user shared.

The Pioneer Woman airs every Saturday morning at 10 a.m. ET on Food Network.